I've always been meaning to do this for sometime now, so here it is: a complete throwback of the '04 days! Take a glimpse to what NG used to look like back then with this Stylus theme!
- Weird artifacts might appear in your userpage and notifications
- Might not actually boost load speeds
- BBS splitter blends a bit too well with the background
- Submission ratings are too small and barely noticable (at present there's no known fix without breaking parts of the site)
- The classic NG look and colors
- Functional forum icons (one of them even animates, just like old times!)
- Lightweight, so it'll play nice with mobile (It'll actually boost site load speeds!)
- Appiles to everything except userpages, the portal (and instances where the site will use the '15 theme)
- The original splitter from the old layouts
- Background and assets is optimized to work with the current 2018-19 theme
- Does not remove ads (why would you do that? you could already remove ads)
Get it here: https://userstyles.org/styles/167650/newgrounds-2004
How to install:
- 1.) Get the Stylus extension for either Chrome or Firefox.
- 2.) Install the code from visiting this site: https://userstyles.org/styles/167650/newgrounds-2004
- 3.) That's it. You're good to go!
How to install /w Tampermonkey:
- 1.) Get Tampermonkey for either Chrome (alt. for Android), Firefox, Edge, Safari, UC Browser, or Dolphin Browser,
- 2.) Install the code from here and by clicking on 'Install as userscript', just below the change logs.
- 3.) Tampermonkey will automatically prompt you to install. Press 'Install'.
- 4.) (Edge users only) Go to Tampermonkey's dashboard, set "Run at:" to 'document-body'. Leave everything as-is.
- That's it, you're good to go!
Feel free to leave a comment here or on the actual userstyle page! In case of bugs, contact me here.
(Ver.01) - First release (Ver.02) - Fixed a issue where locked icons would not appear (Ver.03) - Added the original NG Orange color schemes to review and forum replies text boxes. - Added persistent header colors on most headings. The change will also ignore any heading colors you've set to your user page. (Ver.04) - Fixed a issue where the background color on BBS and user page editors were not displaying properly. - Added better compatibility with Microsoft Edge (with Tampermonkey). - Will no longer override userpage layout. - Updated to match new additions to layouts.